The Financial Assessment for Aged Care: A Guide to the Basics
Most Australians requiring residential aged care are eligible to receive some form of financial help from the government to pay for care and accommodation. Still, you need to complete the financial assessment for aged care to receive any assistance. At Senexus, we exist to make that process and tasks such as relocating and handling deceased estates straightforward. Learn more about how our compassionate team can help you by reading below.
What You Should Know about Aged Care Financial Assessment
Here are three key things you need to know about the aged care financial assessment:
- You must obtain a formal income and assets assessment: To see which subsidies you might be eligible for, whether it’s to cover the cost of care or accommodation, you need to obtain a formal income and assets assessment. We can handle an application on your behalf to prevent errors from causing what can be lengthy delays. Our aged care assessment team in South Australia understands all the relevant laws like the back of their hand.
- Failure to obtain an assessment can be costly: If you don’t complete the assessment form, you won’t be eligible to receive any financial assistance from the government, leaving you liable to cover the full cost of your care and accommodation. If you’d rather avoid finding yourself in such a situation, you should contact our aged care assessment team in Adelaide sooner rather than later.
Key Questions to Ask Senexus about the Aged Care Financial Assessment
It’s essential to partner with a team with which you feel comfortable, so don’t be afraid to ask questions when speaking with an advisor. We’re happy to answer all your questions. Some that we frequently hear are:
- What is assessed? The assessment concerns your income and assets. The more money you have coming in, the less you’ll receive from the government. Assets that may be considered include financial investments, such as shares and society bonds, and any gains from properties, possessions and trusts. Call us for a full breakdown regarding what the assessment includes.
- Why do I need help with my assessment? Asking why we provide our services is perfectly reasonable. We want to help our senior citizens get the most from government benefits while ensuring nothing delays the assessment process or causes calculation errors. We aim to be the best-value service providers in our industry, enabling everybody to receive some assistance that could save them a small fortune.
- What other services do you offer? We’ve talked a lot about the assessment, but we’re a team of all-rounders that can deliver just about any aged-care related service to suit all budgets. We can handle your deceased estate and much more.
Why Trust Senexus Regarding Deceased Estates
We’re genuinely passionate about providing high-quality services to our clients. Our founders possess more than a decade of experience in fields including health, aged care, higher education and community services. If you want to make handling tasks such as deceased estate administration , we hope to hear from you.